Hey mama! So if you haven’t already figured out what we are making today this is a recipe that I came up with totally just looking around my kitchen. I am always desperate for creative outlets when I am home with the kids. Sometimes we turn to cooking and the kids love it, BUT I do not love the tantrums when I don’t allow them near the stove. So, this no-bake dessert is perfect for your holiday party. Just make a few hours before you are leaving so it sets up in the fridge.
I am no pro chef, but this did taste yummy. I used all gluten-free ingredients in order to create this vanilla wafer and pudding dessert. I used strawberries for a pop of festivity. The typical recipe calls for banana.
These are the steps to include the kids.
- pour the wafers into a ziplock bag (gallon size) and let your toddler beat it up with a meat tenderizer… good luck giving everyone a turn before your cookies turn to dust… try to keep the pieces chunky.
- Let the kids make the pudding (mix pudding mix with 2.5 cups of milk) then mix in 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- stir in half of the whipped cream
- get ready to layer, you could use any dish, get creative but remember you need to layer the ingredients
- spread half the wafers on the bottom, layer pudding, strawberries and whipped cream.
- allow it to refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Do not make the night before, I would serve within 3 hours of making this dish.
Enjoy! It is always fun giving kids freedom in the kitchen.
scroll to the bottom for links to everything you see in the photos.
This stool is perfect for my two year old to reach the counter or the sink! I got it really quick even though the shipping isnt prime.